There is an ongoing need for analyses to be performed in small geographic regions to assist a parish or diocese in making decisions. For example:
Should an existing parish be allowed to build a new church building?
- Do local population and demographic trends support the long term viability of the proposed structure?
- Can the parish's population and income characteristics support the repayment of the monies needed for design and construction?
- Will proposed development in the region overwhelm the proposed church size in the foreseeable future?
Should a parish be allowed/encouraged to build and manage a new parochial primary school, or should proposed renovations to an existing school be approved?
- Will populations of school aged children in the region support the existence of the proposed school?
- Will family income characteristics of the region support the proposed tuition rates?
- Are trends in demographics in the region supportive of the viability of the proposed school?
Is there a need for a new secondary parochial school in a region?
- Where are the existing parochial schools and what is their anticipated excess capacity?
- Where are other public or private schools, existing or planned, in the region?
- What is the anticipated population of secondary school students in the region?
Analyses such as these can be accomplished much easier by utilizing computer-based information systems—and the results of the analyses can be more easily understood with map-based graphics. SSA provides these types of analyses and report development on an as-needed and as-requested basis for our customers.
Click on the maps below to view them full-sized.
Please contact us today!